'Holidays only temporary recovery for many retailers'
Retail guru Mary Portas recently voiced strong criticism of the action taken by the British government in response to her 2011 report on the chances of survival of British retail. The government had only done symbolic politics, according to Portas, to keep the crowd quiet. There was too little attention for the question of how retailers can permanently renew the shopping street by responding to consumers' desire for more engagement and interaction in shops
Retail guru Mary Portas recently voiced strong criticism of the action taken by the British government in response to her 2011 report on the chances of survival of British retail. The government had only done symbolic politics, according to Portas, to keep the crowd quiet. There was too little attention for the question of how retailers can permanently renew the shopping street by responding to consumers' desire for more engagement and interaction in shops.
Dan Wagner, retail expert and CEO of Powa Technologies Dan Wagner, said: "The way consumers shop has changed dramatically. It is shocking that despite all the money spent on market research, retailers do not yet realize that their sales and engagement strategies are old-fashioned and simply do not fit in with the habits of the shoppers. The shoppers increasingly shop with their mobile phone or tablet - as can be seen in the increase of mobile purchases by around 50 percent in 2014. Thanks to trends such as showrooming, where consumers shop in the store and later buy online at the competitor, retailers are left empty-handed. "
"Consumers lead this transformation and retailers have to adjust their plans to this new reality. But the reality is that they do not act fast enough. In their urge to survive, they have not dared to renew while the market is changing drastically. For the coming period I predict that many retailers will get hits just like last year after Christmas. And even that a large number of retailers will fall again. "
About Powa Technologies
The Powa platform is built to provide a true omni-channel commerce environment for retailers and brands. The platform is made up of three products - PowaWeb (eCommerce platform on the web), PowaPOS (innovative hardware and software for physical retail environments) and PowaTag (makes real shopping possible, including transaction settlement). All Powa sites are PCI Level 1 compliant and completely safe. www.powa.com
The retail landscape is no longer the same since the launch of the PowaTag, the revolutionary new retail service from Powa Technologies. More than 800 brands worldwide, such as Universal Music and Carrefour have chosen PowaTag in recent months. Some advantages at a glance.
- PowaTag changes an impulse in a purchase. Without the waiting time that a purchase often stands in the way.
- Offline environments and printed matter become online shops: even when the store is closed.
- Print, poster and media advertising finally become real sales tools: with real-time measurable ROI.
- Infomercials and other broadcast media can be transformed with AudioTag, including events such as football matches and concerts.
- No extra add-ons required; makes use of the existing possibilities of the smartphone.
- Uses existing payment solutions without replacing them.
- Consumers no longer have to enter sensitive data with every purchase.
- No credit card data on the device: everything is in the heavily secured cloud.
- Transforms the in-store experience thanks to beacons, with which the individual customer can be approached via the smartphone.
P owaTag in Action - http://bit.ly/PowaTagInAction