Samsung makes sports fun with Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX
Amsterdam, 2 June 2016 - Samsung is expanding its portfolio of fitnesswearables with the launch of the Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX. With extensive tracking functions and the ability to play standalone music, the wearables offer an optimal fitness experience. The Gear Fit2 has a built-in GPS and heart rate sensor that allow you to accurately track sport performance, while giving live feedback to improve your performance
Amsterdam, 2 June 2016 - Samsung is expanding its portfolio of fitnesswearables with the launch of the Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX. With extensive tracking functions and the ability to play standalone music, the wearables offer an optimal fitness experience.
The Gear Fit2 has a built-in GPS and heart rate sensor that allow you to accurately track sport performance, while giving live feedback to improve your performance. The Gear IconX is completely wireless and keeps track of your workouts. You get immediate feedback on your running performance. The Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX are optimized for athletes of all levels, whether you are training for the marathon or taking a daily walk around the neighborhood.
"A healthy lifestyle is an important condition for a happy life. Our wearables improve work-outs and make sports even more fun, " says Gerben van Walt Meijer, Marketing Manager Mobile of Samsung Netherlands. "With the Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX you can get more out of your workouts and keep track of your personal performance and records."
Gear Fit2: Work-out functions for each level
- Ergonomic, slim design that you can wear comfortably every day.
- High resolution Super AMOLED touch display to keep track of workouts, read new messages and react immediately.
- Built-in GPS and heart rate sensor for accurate tracking of sports performance.
- Thanks to Auto Activity Tracking, you do not have to manually set up the Gear Fit2, whether you're running, walking, cycling, or using the rowing machine or cross trainer.
- Easy data transfer between S-Health and other fitness applications. With 'Step Challenges' you go 1-on-1 to battle with your friends.
- On the independent music player you listen to your favorite music without needing your mobile phone.
Gear IconX: Simple, wireless experience
- Light, comfortable earplugs in different sizes, so they always fit perfectly. The earplugs will start as soon as you put them in your ear.
- Fitness data tracking distance, speed, duration, heart rate and calorie burning, synchronizes quickly with S-Health.
- Voice Guide provides spoken feedback during your workout.
- With Bluetooth and internal storage up to 1, 000 MP3 tracks tap or swipe to your favorite song.
- Hardcase case to charge the Gear IconX. The battery in the earplugs lasts up to 6 hours, the supplied hardcase up to 12 hours.
The Samsung Gear Fit2 is available from June 10, 2016 for a suggested retail price of € 199, -. The Samsung Gear IconX is available from the third quarter for a sales advice price of € 229.
About Samsung Electronics
Samsung Electronics inspires people and creates the future with innovative ideas and technologies. We are leading in the world of TVs, smartphones, wearables, tablets, cameras, household appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, semiconductors and LED solutions. The latest news, articles and press materials can be found on the Samsung Newsroom at http://www.samsung.com/nl/perspagina/ and our blog www.samsung.com/nl/discover.