IFS makes Field Service Management suitable for the Internet of Things
New version of IFS Field Service Management ™ provides built-in integration with IFS IoT Business Connector ™ and a greatly improved user experience IFS launches important updates for IFS Field Service Management . The latest version of IFS Field Service Management (version 5.7) is now available and offers the following innovations: Built-in possibilities for Internet of Things - The new version offers built-in integration with the IFS IoT Business Connector. Th
New version of IFS Field Service Management ™ provides built-in integration with IFS IoT Business Connector ™ and a greatly improved user experience
IFS launches important updates for IFS Field Service Management .
The latest version of IFS Field Service Management (version 5.7) is now available and offers the following innovations:
- Built-in possibilities for Internet of Things - The new version offers built-in integration with the IFS IoT Business Connector. This allows companies of the Internet of Things (IoT) to benefit from analyzing data from connected machines and devices. The analyzed data can be automatically converted to (predictive) actions, which increase the service levels and reduce costs.
- Better user experience - The solution has a completely new look & feel and offers a modern and intuitive working environment, in which IFS Lobby real-time operational data is displayed visually. The new user interface provides more user-friendliness, better configuration options, smoother workflows and standard integration with Microsoft Skype for Business.
- More functionality - IFS has further invested in supporting the service employee. The solution has more options in the field of distribution, inventory management, purchasing, service bills of material and maintaining product structures. In addition, several workflows have been added for shared or team tasks and the requesting of quotations for parts, goods or services via mobile devices.
- Intelligent field service - IFS has paid a lot of attention to improving the intelligence within the solution. This applies to the automation of work status via geo coding, the intelligent and automated identification of tasks and solutions, to the automated delivery of relevant information throughout the entire service delivery process.
- Regular updates via new support model - New in IFS Field Service Management 5.7 is a support model based on quarterly updates of the software. Customers no longer have to implement service packs. With these quarterly updates they always have the latest expansions. Furthermore, expansions have been implemented that further reduce the total cost of ownership for the customer.
"Changes in technology affect almost every business process, including field service management. IFS is leading the way, "said Ralph Rio, vice president of enterprise software at the ARC Advisory Group. "IFS FSM offers a complete set of functionalities for the optimal deployment of people and resources in the service cycle. By adding IoT capabilities to IFS FSM 5.7, a service department can respond even more proactively to problems leading to serious outages, with all the consequences for business operations and safety. "
Mark Brewer, Industry Director Service at IFS: "We are excited about this launch of the new version. This underlines our claim that we offer the most complete Field Service Management solution in the market. Field service is an area where you can really benefit from Internet of Things. The integration with IFS IoT Business Connector offers new opportunities for customers for predictive and optimized service management. Field service management is a strategic investment area for us. We look forward to continuing these innovations and helping customers to use the latest technologies. "
More information is available at www.ifsworld.com/corp/industries/service-providers/.
IFS ™ develops and delivers global enterprise software for customers who produce and distribute goods, maintain assets and manage service-oriented activities. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, combined with the commitment to our customers, make IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. IFS has 3, 300 employees and supports more than 1 million users worldwide from a network consisting of local offices and a growing ecosystem with partners. More information can be found at IFSworld.com.