Apple Watch Nike +, the ideal running size, available from Friday 28 October
CUPERTINO and BEAVERTON, October 24, 2016 - Apple and Nike announced today that Apple Watch Nike + will be available from Friday October 28th. Apple Watch Nike + combines all the unique features of Apple Watch Series 2 with the new Nike + Run Club app, providing unparalleled motivation, guidance from the world's best coaches and runners, and training plans that you can tune into every schedule and level
CUPERTINO and BEAVERTON, October 24, 2016 - Apple and Nike announced today that Apple Watch Nike + will be available from Friday October 28th. Apple Watch Nike + combines all the unique features of Apple Watch Series 2 with the new Nike + Run Club app, providing unparalleled motivation, guidance from the world's best coaches and runners, and training plans that you can tune into every schedule and level. In addition, Apple Watch Nike + comes with exclusive Nike sports straps. This version also has unique dials that are inspired by Nike's distinctive style. The dials can easily be personalized with useful apps such as the Activity rings, Heart rate, Stopwatch and Weather, allowing runners to know exactly where they stand at a glance.
"Running around the world is one of the most popular ways to stay in shape and live healthily. With Apple Watch Nike +, runners are even more motivated to meet their goals, "said Jeff Williams, Apple's Chief Operating Officer. "The reactions we have received so far are fantastic. That is why we are pleased that our customers will be able to wear their Apple Watch Nike + from next Friday. "
"Apple and Nike have in common that we want to make life easier and more fun for our customers. With this special Watch we hope to reach that for runners everywhere around the world, "said Trevor Edwards, president of Nike. "With Apple Watch Nike + and the Nike + Run Club app, we've combined a versatile device with a simple running solution for all athletes. This again demonstrates the drive of Nike to bring innovative products to the market. "
Apple Watch Nike + has, just like all Apple Watch Series 2 models, a built-in GPS system that allows you to keep pace, distance and route. Users do not even have to take their iPhone with them when they start running. In addition, Apple Watch Nike + is equipped with the brightest display that Apple has ever made. This makes it easy to read the measurement data. And since it's water resistant to 50 meters, you can take a refreshing dive into the water without any problems after training. * The Nike + Run Club app integrates seamlessly with Apple Watch Nike + and provides a daily dose of motivation through smart memories, challenges from friends and even reports about favorable weather conditions. Training data, such as pace, distance and heart rate, can be seen at a glance. Via shared training overviews, the app also ensures healthy sports between runners. They can even send each other a 'box' via the wrist.
Prices and availability
• Apple Watch Nike + is available with an aluminum case in two different sizes (38 mm and 42 mm) and fits perfectly with the four exclusive color combinations of the Nike sport strap: black / volts, black / cool gray, matt silver / white and matt silver / volts.
• Apple Watch Nike + with a 38-mm case is available for € 439 and with a 42-mm case for € 469 via Apple.com/uk, Nike.com/en, Apple Stores, select Nike stores, certain authorized Apple resellers and some specialty stores and department stores, including Macy's and DICK'S Sporting Goods. Go to www.apple.com/apple-watch-nike or www.nike.com/nl/applewatch to see where Apple Watch Nike + is available in your area.
- Apple Watch Nike + will be available from Friday, October 28 in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Columbia, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Hungary, Hong Kong, Ireland, India, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Macao, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Czech Republic, Turkey, UK, USA, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden and Switzerland .
• Apple Watch Nike + will be available in Bahrain, Greece, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE from Saturday, October 29.
• Apple Watch Nike + will be available in Israel from Sunday 30 October.
• The Nike sports straps are available exclusively with the purchase of Apple Watch Nike + and are not sold separately.
• Apple Watch Nike + works with iPhone 5 or later with iOS 10 or higher. Some features may not be available in all regions or languages.
• Any customer who buys Apple Watch Nike + from Apple can use a Personal Configuration session ** in the Store or online. During this session, customers will receive help with configuring and personalizing calendars, notifications, apps and more on their new Apple Watch.
• Who wants to know more about Apple Watch Nike + or watchOS 3 can sign up for a free workshop at the Apple Store.
* Apple Watch Series 2 has a nominal water resistance of up to 50 meters in accordance with ISO 22810: 2010 standard. This means that the product can be used during activities in shallow water, such as swimming in a swimming pool or in the sea. However, Apple Watch Series 2 should not be used during deep-sea diving, water skiing or other activities that may involve high speeds on water or immersion in deeper water. Stainless steel and leather straps are not water resistant.
** In most countries.
NIKE, Inc., located near Beaverton in the US, is a leading designer, retailer and distributor of footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories for a wide range of sports and fitness activities. Full subsidiaries of NIKE, Inc. include Converse Inc., which designs, sells and distributes sports footwear, apparel and accessories, and Hurley International LLC, which designs, markets and distributes footwear, apparel and accessories for surfing and young people. For more information, business results from Nike and other financial information, see http://investors.nike.com. Other news can be found at http://news.nike.com/ and via @Nike.
With the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984, Apple unleashed a true revolution in personal technology. Today Apple is leading the world with its innovative iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. The four software platforms from Apple, iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS, provide a seamless experience on all Apple devices and give access to groundbreaking services such as the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. The 100, 000 employees of Apple do everything to make the best products in the world and leave the world better than it was.